Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Finished "The Revelation to John"

This book is a little too figurative for me to really like. The images are awesome to think about but I can't get my brain to hold onto anything concrete.

Here's something that my sons and I were just talking about yesterday. "He who overcomes will not be hurt by the second death." end of 2:11

The second death. The word die can mean a lot. I think it means something different to God. Everyone's body dies, but our soul, what we are in the realm of God, is different.

Will those who did not get a chance to know Jesus (either because they lived before His appearance on earth or in an area that did not hear the Gospel yet) have a chance to accept Him as their savior? I think they will. Our bodies die and we are reborn, so to speak. That realm has no time. It just is, always, like God. When we perceive that place we are already at the Judgement. It's hard to write about on the fly like this. It's something we talk about and think about a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment